The Back Story
LexaGene is poised to provide easy pathogen detection for food safety, water quality, veterinary diagnostics, and other pathogen detection applications. The biotechnology company selected Boston Engineering to transform its concept into the industry’s first fully automated, open-access pathogen detection platform.
|Product development for LexaGene’s quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) system includes:|
Watch LexaGene Profiled on “Innovations”
The full Alpha prototype is scheduled for Q4 2017 availability with the following features:
- Deliver many test results in approximately one hour, which is exponentially faster than waiting 1-5 days for standard food safety test results
- Provide ease of operation so that users don’t need technical training to run accurate tests
- Accelerate testing by processing multiple samples concurrently while also analyzing each sample for different types of pathogens
- Tailor testing parameters via user-configurable, parameterized scripting and configurable pathogen detection assays
- Support variable sample input volumes to reduce the requirements to run effective tests
Boston Engineering President Bob Treiber
and LexaGene CEO Dr. Jack Regan
Click here to watch the LexaGene LX6 prototype unveiling at the 2017 International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Annual Conference. For more information, please visit LexaGene Holdings Inc. online (OTCQB:LXXGF) (TSX-V:LXG).