Practical experience and creativity are hallmarks of our mechanical engineering services. For more than 25 years, Boston Engineering’s mechanical engineering specialists have been developing products that have redefined markets. Boston Engineering specializes in mechanical engineering services, dynamic motion engineering, robotics, mechanism design, and mechanical engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Capability Examples
Our mechanical engineering services include:
- 6-axis robotics
- Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm (SCARA)
- Cartesian robotics
- Custom robotics
Dynamic Motion Engineering Technology:
- Precision linear and rotary motion
- Metrology: Micron and sub-micron accuracy
- Machine vision and inspection
System and Component Design:
- For low-, mid-, and high-volume production
- Industrial, medical, defense, and consumer products design industries
- Electronics packaging, frames and enclosures, etc.
Analysis and Simulation:
- Analytical solutions: Mechanisms, thermal systems, fluid mechanics, vibration, and power transmission
- Numerical solutions:
- Finite element analysis: Static, dynamic, thermal, vibration, and fatigue
- Computational fluid dynamics: Fluid flow, pressure drop, and thermal
- CAD packages (Creo and SOLIDWORKS)
Development and Testing:
- Proof of principle (concept) development and testing
- Prototype development and testing
- Custom test equipment
- Fixturing and tooling
- Supplier development
We apply mechanical engineering throughout every phase of our integrated product development process. This includes design and process failure modes, effects analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis, and corrective action.
Innovative Technology Partners
We are certified in leading product development tools, and we use the latest technologies from PTC, ThingWorx, and other industry partners. In fact, PTC asked Boston Engineering to serve as one of its primary U.S. resellers based on our deep understanding of CAD and design tools.
Contact us to learn more about our product engineering capabilities.