Commercializing Intellectual Property
Boston Engineering collaborates with academic, government, and commercial clients to engineer solutions that advance science, national security, and business. Boston Engineering launched its sponsored R&D program in 2008 with the establishment of its Advanced Systems Group (ASG), which has a primary focus on autonomous systems and robotics.
Our R&D initiatives with the public and private sector include:
- Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR): SBIR supports early-stage R&D based on capability gaps that government agencies identify. Similarly, STTR promotes collaboration between academia and industry to leverage technologies evolving within university settings.
- Broad Agency Announcement (BAA): This program supports directed scientific study and experimentation to increase knowledge in science and to advance the “state-of-the-art.”
- Corporate/Industry: Boston Engineering collaborates with organizations that share a common vision to develop technology solutions.
Certifications and Designations
We have earned certifications and designations that reflect our strict adherence to standards and processes in both the public and private sector, including:
- ISO 9001
- ISO 13485
- The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registered
- Qualified Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) company