Mar 20, 2020
Clients, Partners, and Friends:
COVID-19 is having a significant impact on health and wellness, and business continuity. We are lending support throughout our community where we can, and we continue to be fully operational. But, like many of you, the process of how we work has changed.
The wellbeing of our team and our extended community is a cornerstone of our mission to “improve the way that people work and live…” To help safeguard our employees, clients, and other constituents, we’ve instituted new COVID-19 control and prevention policies based on guidance from the CDC, the Commonwealth of Mass., and our internal response team. I’ve outlined key points below:
Health and Safety
- Social distancing initiatives include:
- Suspend business travel
- Substitute in-person meetings with virtual alternatives
- Enable telework for all employees
- Implement secure technologies and systems for remote workers that include secure collaboration spaces
- Prevention and Safety
- Expand the company’s cleaning/disinfecting practices for offices and labs
- Establish additional guidelines for office and lab operations
- Augment HR policies and increase employee communication regarding COVID-19
Our business continuity operations are fundamentally unchanged.
- Security: Control information digitally and physically based on industry and government regulations — e.g., controlled unclassified information (CUI), international traffic in arms regulations (ITAR), and export administration regulations (EAR)
- Work Onsite or Virtually: Boston Engineering has worked with remote clients and team members for years. And, we have the IT resources, policies, and experience to telecommute at the scale that’s now required
- Data backup and recovery: Continue to incorporate industry best practices
Although today’s situation is unprecedented, the U.S. has faced stark economic uncertainty several times since our founding in 1995. By working together with our clients and partners, we adapted then and persevered. By employing that same thoughtful determination, we will persevere again.
Please contact me if you have any questions.