We provide the industrial design and product engineering expertise to distinguish products in today’s crowded market. Boston Engineering aligns design, functionality, and manufacturability throughout the new product development process. The result is that we eliminate costly missteps, and meet aggressive launch and production schedules.
Products dominating many consumer categories today are small, sleek, and packed with features including Internet connectivity. We specialize in designing products with technology capabilities that often require a small footprint and high performance. And we have been delivering these types of product innovations for the past two decades.
Our Design Approach
We offer the flexibility to manage the entire consumer product development process — from ideation to supply chain development — or come in at any point during the design process to move a critical project forward. We use the following design principles:
- Create compelling products based on creativity and fact-based research
- Design quickly using our phase-gate approach to resolve questions, ensure quality, and meet tight deadlines
- Capitalize on our strong engineering heritage to deliver new levels of functionality and performance
- Focus on manufacturability at the beginning of the product development process to:
- Reduce cost of materials and method of production
- Optimize production and assembly
- Incorporate sustainable materials to promote environmental best practices
- Enable high-volume production (100,000 – 100+ million units per year)
- Collaborate with our clients, supply-chain providers, and additional partners